VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROGRAM OFFICER
Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations is the national umbrella body of cancer associations,
patient groups, community based and non-governmental organizations working
cancer control across Kenya. KENCO is looking for a self-driven, creative individual with
strong leadership skills and a passion for cancer with a minimum of 3 year’s experience in
fundraising and program management.
Location: Nairobi (with occasional travel to the counties).
The job holder will be responsible for fundraising and proposal writing as well as providing
support in program management. Other tasks include but not limited to:-
• Researching and following up on grants and funding opportunities
• Writing funding proposals
• Providing leadership in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs
• Supporting the National Coordinator in execution of the KENCO strategic plan.
• University degree and/or advanced diploma in social sciences or related field
• Training in project management and experience in public relations and marketing will be
an added advantage
• Experience working in health or related NGOs is desirable
Skills and competencies
• Proven track record in fundraising and resource mobilization
• Knowledge and skills in program management including monitoring and evaluation
• Competency in report and grant writing
• Excellent communication skills
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter stating current and expected salary to
email@example.com before February 21st 2018. Only short-listed candidates will
be contacted. Please note this is a 9-month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
depending on funding availability.