The Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations represents community-based cancer organizations active in cancer awareness, education, screening, prevention and patient support in Kenya. See the Network Directory section for a full list of Network partner organizations.
The objectives of the Kenyan Network of Cancer Organizations are:
- To promote cancer awareness and the exchange of information and expertise through the networking of cancer organizations across the country;
- To serve as a unified advocacy body supporting the efforts of Network partner organizations in their engagement with the public and the Government on issues relating to cancer control;
- To maintain a calendar of activities to foster strategic collaboration and minimize duplication;
- To develop links locally and internationally with cancer and non-communicable diseases organizations and government agencies for the benefit of Network partner organizations;
- To foster opportunities for training of Network partner organizations in various aspects of cancer;
- To do all such other things and activities as may be incidental to or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
Starting in early 2012, a group of community based cancer awareness and patient support groups started discussions about how to come together in the fight against cancer in Kenya. On February 8, 2013, one week after World Cancer Day 2013, the Kenya Network of Cancer Organizations (KENCO) was launched.
The first stakeholder meeting brought together sixteen representatives from ten cancer organizations, with specialization in cancer prevention, palliative care, patient support, community outreach and advocacy. Through word-of-mouth, the Network has expanded to eighteen  community-based cancer organizations. The Network meets on a quarterly basis, and there is a vibrant online forum for member organizations to share ideas and exchange information relevant to fighting cancer in Kenya.
On February 7, 2014 KENCO ratified the first Constitution to unite civil society cancer organizations in Kenya. KENCO seeks to strengthen the alliances between its Network partners, as well as to partner with Ministry of Health, private sector partners and like-minded organizations and individuals in Kenya and abroad, who come together in the fight against cancer.